Five things you need to know before buying a recreational golf cart
- Do you want electric or gas? Both do the job and both come with their own maintenance routines. Electric is quiet and environmentally friendly, but requires careful battery maintenance. Gas is very reliable, but you have exhaust and a motor to maintain.
- How are you going to use it? Casual cruising around your neighborhood doesn’t require the biggest, most powerful machine. If you are going to work it or transporting people you may need a bit more muscle.
- How much are you willing to spend? A ten year old un-customized cart will probably cost only a couple thousand dollars. A brand new customized cart can cost upwards of ten thousand dollars.
- Are you going to finance it? We work with several financing companies.
- What are local regulations? Some municipalities prohibit carts on public streets. Children under 16 must be accompanied by adults while driving.